A note on semantics.
Progressive overload really means just that : Overload in some aspect of the training stimulus, be it force (load), duration (time under tension), volume (sets x reps x load) or what have you...
I always kind of wondered why the term TUT was used, when the time aspect means diddley alone without some indication of intensity (%1RM, etc.). I can increase my TUT simply by lowering the weight I use, but that means squat (pardon the pun) for the training stimulus. As in John's example, spend more time under the a given load and now we're talking about a progressive overload, which can be conceptualized as time, or reps or even captured in a volume (load x sets x *reps*).
the real root of this a matter of whether it's more important for gains to increase reps / time / volume or to increase the weight you are using?....
No comments:
Post a Comment