Thursday, April 28, 2011

Supplements on a Budget


I have had requests to give my thoughts on what you can do if you are low in cash in terms of supplements. The first thing I want to convey to you that that for the most supplements are the polish on the corvette. Don't think you can have a crappy diet and supplements will save you. Get your foundation built (your diet straight), THEN add supplements.

Now there are 2 MUST have's in my opinion. Vitamin D (in D3 form), and EFA's. Vitamin D3 is hard to get a ton of in your diet. EFA's you can get through cold water fish. but most people don't want to eat salmon everyday. Flex, hemp oil, walnuts etc are good sources of Alpha Linolenic acid, but that' sdoesn't matter if your body doesn't convert it to DHA well down the road. Flameout is something that I have never taken, but it is going to be in my next order. LOADED with high quality DHA. I have been so crazy with my Mag 10 lately, I forgot to get my Flameout.

Those are the two MUST HAVEs.

The next group I'll call the real good stuff...I'll pick these 5:

Leucine - proven to start protein synthesis...not expensive either...

Alpha Lipoic Acid (or in R form). This has been one of my favorite supplements for a long time. ALA can regenerate liver tissue, act as an insulin mimetic, is a POWERFUL anti-oxidant (fat and water soluble) and recycles antioxidants in your body..

Essential Aminos - Love these preworkout..BCAA's also love these pre and intra workout - PROVEN supplements that produce a noticeable difference in recovery ability...

High quality protein powder...

Beta Alanine - this was actually the first Biotest product I tried. I was talking to Jeff Stout and he recommended this to me since it is time released, and since I trust him, I did....great supplement...

the above supps aren't too terribly expensive either....hope this helps...there are obviously a ton more great supplements...but again, this is for those on a budget, and those that I personally believe in...fire away with questions..

No comments:

Post a Comment